Do you want to know more about interrogative sentences? This article will tackle about them. But before we go to that topic, let us know what sentences are? Sentences are group of words having the subject which is the topic and the predicate which tells something all about the subject. When we put them together, they will be expressing an idea. Sentences can also give these ideas below:
1. It can ask information (a question). Examples of this are the following:
* Why are you looking at me that way?
* Are you looking for my father?
2. It can also ask a person to do something (a command).
* Please open now the gate.
* Will you open the basket near the table please?
3. It can express strong feeling (an exclamation).
* Oh my God!
* What a lovely woman!
4. It gives information (a statement).
* My mother will be back at 6 pm tonight.
* Tomorrow will be a rainy day.
Upon knowing the different ideas of the sentences, let us know more about the sentences that ask information. They are the sentences that ask. They can also be called as the interrogative sentences. What is an interrogative sentence? This kind of sentence is the sentence that directly asks. For you to understand more about them, I will give you examples of the interrogative sentences.
1. Were all of the wishes granted?
2. Why did Maria jump at the window of their house?
3. Are you afraid that your father can't avoid from the illegal acts of the people in Libia?
4. How will you get the laptop under the hole outside?
5. When will you be able to get the computer set at the technician's office?
6. How many cells are there in every human being?
7. Are the elders in the Ghama old-fashioned or modern about boy-girl relationships?
8. How do the youth in the place of Ghama manage to go around the strict rules of their elders?
9. Why are ducks practical to be raised?
10. What two breeds of the ducks are mentioned?
11. Why should ducks be released all at the same time?
12. What will happen to the rice plants if the ducks are released at other times?
13. What stage in rice planting can ducks is released to the paddies?
I hope that you are now familiar of what an interrogative sentence is.